Title: When God comes in
Passage: Exodus 19:10-25
There is a right kind of fear that we should have, which is essential to fulfilling God’s call to holiness. The God who came down to dwell among us is awesomely and perfectly holy. Therefore, approaching God is a very serious matter that must take place on God’s terms.
- What has been your views on holiness? From the sermon, what does it mean to be holy for God?
- God is a personal God, but He is also a holy God. How have Jesus bridged these two aspects of God?
- What is the relationship between abiding in Christ and having the right kind of fear for God?
- Consider the concept of holiness and reverence shared in this sermon. How do they challenge your perspective on living as a Christ follower in the world today?
- How would approaching God’s presence with reverence in your daily lives impact your relationship with God?
- What are the practical ways in which we can maintain a distinct Christian identity while actively engaging with those around us? How can this impact our witness to non-believers?
- What are the specific actions or changes you can make this coming week to be careful and serious in areas such as worship, devotions, tithing etc? How can your lifegroup journey with you and keep you accountable in these areas?