Series: Not Done Yet – Focus Series 2
Title: Beyond What We See
Text: Genesis 45:4-8
It has been said that “A crisis can be an opportunity for reframing of perspective.” However, if we only focus on superficial happenings and outcomes, we may miss out on deeper spiritual lessons and lose sight of God’s purpose for us. Beyond what we see, how does God’s sovereignty impact us?
What are some ways you seek control in your life? What do you do to minimise uncertainty in your life?
Define God’s sovereignty in your own words. Share some ways that knowing God’s sovereignty has impacted the way you lead your life.
- What are some common responses to trials and challenges? What are the underlying assumptions about God and the Christian faith in such responses?
- People say hindsight is 20/20. Yet, disappointments, grievances, and unanswered questions remain. How does knowing that God is sovereign change how we view such difficult experiences? What can we hold on to despite things not making sense to us?
- What is God’s ultimate purpose/goal in our lives? How does looking beyond our grievances and beyond our well-being help to fulfil that purpose?
- What are some areas in your life that you struggle to trust in God’s sovereignty? What are the fears that drive such a response? How can you encourage one another to respond to God in faith?
- What does it look like to trust in God’s sovereignty? How would it change the way you behave or think in tough time, and in good times?