Series: One Life at a Time
Title: Committed to Truth
Text: 2 Timothy 1:13-14
In a world where people are constantly bombarded by information, differing opinions and news both real and fake, how can we stay committed to God’s eternal truth and lead others to His truth?
1) How do you usually respond when you encounter questionable doctrines? Would you consider yourself to be someone who watches your doctrine closely? Why?
2) Can you recall a mentor or leader who impacted your life because of their commitment to God’s truth? What can you learn from them?
1) We may have encounters with controversial doctrines. What do you think is the wise way to deal with them? Do you have experiences or examples? How would you advise those who may encounter such situations?
2) Paul reminded Timothy to not just hold on to sound teaching but to do so with “love and faith”. What do you think our life will be like if we just have the right knowledge but do not act upon it? What do you think are the dangers of inconsistent living (when we don’t act according to what we profess)?
1) As a mentor/leader, what are the challenges you face as you endeavour to teach and live out the truth? What are some helpful things you can do to remind or encourage yourself to stand firm in the truth if such situations arise?
2) Spiritual leadership must be committed to sound doctrine. For leaders and mentors, how can we be faithful in transmitting God’s truth to the next generation? What is the role of the Holy Spirit in this